Monday, August 29, 2011

Turkeys in the Yard


We are guests at another home for the next few weeks, which is a story I won’t go into at the moment, and it’s a beautiful home on a knoll close enough to the ocean to almost always hear the sea.  This morning, early, Sally went out with our three dogs to take them for a walk.  My mind was in a Sporting Classics magazine while I sipped coffee.
                Right after the screen door shut with a click, I heard “Whoa”.  That got my attention.  Through the window to my left I could see mom turkey with five young.
                “Whoa.”
                Mom looked nervous.  The pheasant-sized young were oblivious.
                “Heel.”
                The screen door opened and Sally led the pack back in. 
                How cool is that?
               

No comments:

Post a Comment